(B) Boarder Agreement & Policies
1. Boarders may have limited use of the facilities according to the direction of the farm’s
management and subject to its schedule (hours may change due to special events or
maintenance). Facilities include: indoor arena, outdoor arenas, grooming barn, tack room,
lounge. Facilities are open to boarders during these hours: Monday through Sunday
9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. If Boarders wish to visit their horses outside of these hours, they
should contact the Stable Manager to arrange visitation, approval at the discretion of
1a) Boarders agree to clean up after their horses. As examples:
Boarder agrees to remove/dispose of manure from their horse when left in the barn aisle,
in the INDOOR riding arena and in the grooming barn. Boarders understand these are
shared spaces and will leave the space clean after their use.
2. Boarders agree to be courteous and respectful towards all employees and other boarders of
the farm. Should a boarder have a suggestion or request, the boarder should contact the
3. Boarders may store one horse trailer at the facility, at no additional cost per month. Trailers
must be parked in the parking lot as directed by the farm.
4. Protective headgear and boots with heels must be worn at all times when riding.
5. Horses must be up to date on immunizations. Generally, we de-worm horses every two
months, keeping with the vet recommended, barn de-worming schedule. A fee of $15.00 will
be charged per de-worming, invoiced to Boarders on their rental invoice and paid by
Boarders. Boarders are responsible for scheduling and arranging vaccinations.
6. Boarders will label/identify their blankets according to Somerset’s “color coding system” for
blanketing. Boarder tack and supplies should be identified with the horse’s name. Somerset
Farms, LLC assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
7. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARM GROUNDS.
8. If the Boarder leases his/her horse to a third party and the horse is allowed to and does
remain at or returns to Somerset Farms, LLC, after the commencement of such lease, the
Boarder must supply Somerset Farms, LLC’s Policies and Regulations to Lessee and supply
Somerset Farms, LLC with a copy of the lease. Boarder is responsible for the actions of the
Lessee. The Lessee must agree and be subject to the provisions of this Contract.
9. Boarders will maintain a current “Emergency Contact” information sheet on file with the Farm
and notify the Stable Manager if they will be out of town for any extended period of time.
10. Boarders will NOT permit their visitors or guests to ride their horse(s) without the visitors or
guests first completing the Rider Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement.
Boarders take full responsibility for the behavior and actions of their visitors/guests while on
11. Dogs/Pets: Boarders, Trainers and Guests’ dogs/pets are NOT permitted on the farm.
12. Children (under the age 18) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
13. Driving on the Property: The speed limit is 11mph. Boarders’ vehicles and horse trailers
must remain in the parking lot and are not to be driven or parked near the barns or alleys at
any time. Park trailers in the parking lot for horse loading and unloading.
14. Boarders who have a locker space in the large tack room are asked to keep the area free of
their personal items. Storage is not permitted on top of locker cabinets or in the floor space;
items left outside of lockers may be removed/discarded by farm staff.
WARNING: Under Colorado Law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the
death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine
activities, pursuant to section 13-21-119, CRS.
I have read the foregoing Boarder Agreement & Policies and agree to abide by these Policies. I
understand these Policies are subject to change and can be modified at the sole discretion of
Somerset Farms, LLC
Boarder/Rider Signature: __________________________ Date: __________________
Print Name: ________________________________